We are pleased to be able to offer you Speech and Language screenings right here at school at a minimal charge to you. Some of the areas that can be addressed through speech therapy are:
- Language: Language is both receptive and expressive.
- Receptive language: refers to what a child understands. Some examples are being able to identify objects or pictures by pointing and following simple and complex commands. For infants, this can be something as simple as following a moving object.
- Expressive Language: Refers to how a baby or child is able to express themselves. An example at the toddler or preschool age is what your child is able to say
- Speech: Speech is the quality of what your child is able to say.
- Articulation (or pronunciation) falls into this category
- Feeding: For most babies and children, eating is fun and easy. For some children it is not. A speech-language pathologist can help from infancy if your child is having difficulty bottle/breast feeding, transitioning to puree’ or table foods, chokes or gags at mealtime, or is showing signs that mealtimes are difficult for many reasons.
REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR COMING SOON!