Literacy Week at the ELC begins Monday, February 27th! Literacy Week is designed to raise awareness about the importance of reading and to inspire students and families to make reading part of their daily routines. We have a whole week of awesome activities planned to help our students get excited about reading!
- Monday, February 27th – We’re kicking off this special week by wearing our silly hats to school for Hats off to Reading Day!
- Tuesday, February 28th– Let’s all motivate each other with Read My Shirt Day! Send your child to school in a t-shirt with an awesome motivational quote or slogan.
- Wednesday, March 1st – It’s time for Storybook Dress-Up Day, where children will dress as their favorite storybook character.
- Thursday. March 2nd – For My Favorite Book Day, have your child bring in their absolute favorite book to share with classmates. Remember to label your child’s book!
- Friday, March 3rd – We’re wrapping up Literacy Week at the ELC with Classroom Voting Day! Each class will vote on their favorite book, author and more!